Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

signed a 20 year confession of judgement part of plea deal

signed a 20 year confession of judgement part of plea deal 20 years expired balance not paid in ful what is next for me
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

Are you still on probation?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no i am not doing ok
Hello again,

I am not sure what your response was about. I need to know if you are still on probation?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no
Thank you. Since you are no longer on probation, you cannot be "violated" for not complying with the terms of probation. That said, without knowing exactly what the terms of your confession of judgment are, I can't say with certainty that you won't suffer some consequences for not fulfilling the terms of the agreement. For example, the agreement says that if the payment is not made as promised that the plea deal will be voidable, then that would mean the prosecutor could then prosecute you for the underlying crime, or you could be sentenced in accordance with what the judge had awarded as if you never had the agreement.

That said, if you have been making an attempt to pay and continue to try to pay, then I really can't foresee the prosecutor's office having any interest in coming after you. If you didn't make any effort to pay, then that might be a different story and would really depend on the attitude of the prosecutor's office and the victim in this case.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.