Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

if ill gotten gains, in effect caused the death of more than

if ill gotten gains, in effect caused the death of more than 2000+ individuals how would i bring someone to justice (i.e. lawsuits, imprisonment, ect...)?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Can you please tell me more about the matter, and what state this is occurring in? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
washington, D.C.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Can you please tell me more about the situation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i would like to know the way in which i can personally bring charges/hold accountable our government (i.e. house of rep., senate, congress, & even the President of the United States). if it can be proved thru finacial records that due to someones knowledge/influence they profited on the death of other americans. how can i do this & also in the event a presidential pardon is given if convicted (how to bring the current president up on charges as he/she would be complicit in the cover up).
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Ah, I see - thank you.

In the US, the federal government has immunity from suit, and cannot be sued unless it has waived that right. It has waived that right in the Federal Tort Claims Act for individual claims of negligence, breach of contract, and other such claims.

No venue exists for suing the federal government for its political actions in the US, I am sorry to say.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault (in other words, I prefer to tell you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear, so if the news is not good, please do not shoot the messenger).

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at…

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-attorneyeli/

…if you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”
Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience: Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so, if it can be proved that negligence, breach of contract, ect... has happened (i.e. cover-up, lazy investigating/or lack there-of) then suit can be filed? correct? also, is there anyway as we are all voters can re-pell this loop hole that they have?
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.

Not really. You cannot use the Federal Tort Claims Act to sue the government in this case. I understand your reasoning, but political actions and domestic/foreign policy of the government cannot be challenged by individuals in the US. The case would be thrown out of Court. I am sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well if not the direct suit on office, then how about and individual/class action suit against the individiual?
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Still no. Individual elected to office are generally immune for political decisions made while in office, under the same policy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
then if this would be thrown out by U.S. Court then what about NATO or the U.N.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.

NATO is not a judicial body - they are a peacekeeping force.

The UN has the International Court of Justice, but only states may petition in said Court, but may file an amicus curiae with the Court re: a case already ongoing.

The Council of Europe and the European Unions each have their own Courts, but US is not bound by their jurisdictions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so essence, no one is accountable legally, while in office? then how can the P.O.T.U.S. be impeached if no one is accountable? are they only accountable to themselves? how do we get laws on the books to make them accountable to the people?
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
[S]o [in] essence, no one is accountable legally, while in office?

Essentially, that is correct. US Presidents cannot be sued by individuals. They can be impeached via Article Two of the United States Constitution for Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors. However, it is up to Congress to do so, not individuals. You can petition your congressmen to begin the process, and if they agree, they may try to get support of other congressmen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is it me or is the U.S. government system (1) big "circle jerk". as no one can do anything to any of them, as no one is in essence accountable? if treason/cover-up has gone one then some type of charges personal or private have got to be able to be filed somewhere.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Well, this is more of a philosophical question, and depends on how you look at it. I can certainty understand that this can be frustrating...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i personally believe that "high time" & treason has been going on in our country for awhile. I believe and (proof supported) that a large number of our politicians & members of the top 1% of income earners have been involved in these acts over the course of the history of the U.S.A. and i would like to know how we can not hold accountable anyone from the bottom to the top? wars have been fought, lives have been lost & HUGE profits have been made all under the idea of "free market, freedom & the american way." i have fought and served my country & am sick & tired of what the "washington suits" & news media has done to our country. I want them to be held to the same guidelines as i was when apart of the military. i want to know how WE as a people can take it to the individuals we elect & who seem more times than not to have THEIR best interests in mind. I have seen insider trading in our U.S. government & no one is held to standard. i have seen many U.S. lives lost while controlling and managing the interests of the 1%. we have another level of security clearances that are not found anywhere on the books...why is this? again, we have got as system that is seemingly correct & corrupt all at the same time. I just want to know what would be my best course of action. i know i will not get support of who i need (i.e. the media) but i know that PEOPLE are getting tired & would be on board. is there some type of signature sheet that i can get started to put this into motion?
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
The best thing I can think of is a grass roots movement. You would organize a corporation and petition for a 501c3 status as non-profit to petition for such a matter. Alternatively, you can set up a a PAC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_action_committee

While signature lists are good, they really would not do much in terms of furthering your agenda.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this sounds very disheartening, but thank you for all your knowledge.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Sure. I am sorry to be the bearer of not-so-good news. But again, you always have the right to start a grassroots movement, or to join one.

Ely, Counselor at Law