Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Hi, my friend was arrested and had a hearing yesterday. Today,

Hi, my friend was arrested and had a hearing yesterday. Today, I looked for him in the California Inmate Locator, and under "Next Hearings" it said 05/11/2014 and PROTECTIVE ORDER CNTRL DATE ....Does that mean my friend will be in jail until then?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
No, that does not mean he will be in jail until then, it means that the hearing on review of the protective order is set on that date. As far as any sentencing you need to actually check with the court because if a protective order was issued, he would have been released as a protective order is not needed if someone is going to be held in jail.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So, just to be clear..... he's out of jail? Than why is the rest of the information I got from the locator the same as it was yesterday? Doesn't he no longer qualify as an inmate?
The notation you mentioned from the computer is not about any jail sentence, it is about a protective order review hearing. Generally, there is no protective order required if someone is in jail. This is why I said the only way to find his actual status is through the clerk of the court because the information in the system says nothing about his incarceration status.