How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25942
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have def. adjudication w/ classes, monthly fees, and random

Resolved Question:

i have def. adjudication w/ classes, monthly fees, and random UA's. I would like to have these terms wiped out & just pay a $10,000 fine, how do I do this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.
That would be at the discretion of the court. You would need to file a motion for a modification of the terms of the plea deal and see if the court would be willing to allow you to pay the money in lieu of the other restrictions. You would likely need to show good cause as to why you cant comply what was previously requested of you, if you want to court to modify it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the reason is due to a new employment position that would require me to leave the country. how do i file this mod. myself? is there a form and some type of guideline to go by?
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.
You can contact the clerk of courts and see if they have a form, if not, you would need to draft a motion yourself, state the reason you told me as to the basis for the modification and then contact the judicial assistant of the Judge to find out how to set the matter for hearing. You would need to send a copy of the motion to the prosecutor and whoever supervises you as well, so they are aware and can object if they want.
CrimDefense and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions