Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

Hi two weeks ago i traded my truck for the car. I do have

Hi two weeks ago i traded my truck for the car. I do have his handwriting that he traded his and his driver license number on it, as well as a title for the car but he didnt sign the title. I did gave him a title for my truck as well.
Now he wants his car back and he is claiming that if im not gonna give it back to him he will report it stolen.
What should do take in order to avoid all the legal problems which can accure
. thanks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Is the bill of sale signed by the individual with whom you had a trade?

Also is he willing to give you your truck back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes he is willling to give my truck back but i dont want to give his car back as already fixed a/c system $1200 replaced 4 tires for $450 did major tune up all filters, fuel, air, oil, spark plugs and wires paid $280 oil change rear differential flush tranmssison flush other $200 i ended up spending over $2300 for repairs and 150 for complete detailing the car. and he is not going to pay me almost $2500 back

he gave me a handwriting that he traded the car with his signuture driver license number as well if you want i can scan it an email it to you

I am unable to review documents, however you will need to obtain a title from the person who sold you the truck.

There are only 2 options that you have:

1) To try to resolve it with the other person

2) File a small claims court case and have the judge make a determination based on the evidence, your witness and the fact that you have invested a lot of money into this car and it would be an unjust enrichment if the party who traded the car with you was to get this car back with all the repairs/improvements.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor