Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

hello i have a marijuana for personal use charge in pennsylvania

Customer Question

hello i have a marijuana for personal use charge in pennsylvania in 2003 and it will not allow me to purchase a fire arm what lengths do i need to persue to obtain my american 2nd amendment right?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

I would presume that it was a misdemeanor conviction, is that correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Last question: have you actually been denied a purchase at this point, or are you merely anticipating trouble when you go to make a purchase?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
oh boy ive been on the phone for days bought and payed for gun in california where i live this o3 marijuana charge is holding it up have copy of rap sheet been told i need a govenerors pardon which will take three years but yes purchased gun denied did live scan nothin but this pot charge came up
I'm going to refer this one over to one of our other experts for the final answer. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok thank you sir there must be some way to get around this mabe a certificate of relief or something? thanks!