Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

We own a business where customers pay to use the facility (large

We own a business where customers pay to use the facility (large inflatable jump houses) and have cake and/or pizza after jumping. If a customer fails to pay or stops payment on their credit card, can they be charged under CA PC537? or is there another section that they could be charged under?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Yes, they can be charged under CA PC 537 as you have stated. All you must show is intent not to pay, and you have your case.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question. Of course, if you really liked what I could help you with, please consider a Bonus, too!

Also, please keep in mind I want you to be satisfied. Please continue to follow up with me if you need more clarification.

Nathan Moore