Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

federal gun rights

Customer Question

federal gun rights
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 3 years ago.
What is the question that I can help you with today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is there a statue of limitations on divorce when filling a federal gun application?
What does the gun application have to do with the divorce
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how can you answer the question on divorce and domestic violence. is there a stature limitation
I will open your question to the other experts
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be glad to help you.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i want to buy a gun.but on the ffl gun purchase qustion it ask for divorse for domestic violence. is the a statue of limitations on the answer you give.
Are you trying to obtain an FFL license?

Have you had any conviction for any type of domestic violence related crime?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
a divoice 48 years ago
Are you trying to obtain an FFL license in order to become a gun dealer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
like a pistol buy
What state are you in?

Do I understand correctly that you want to purchase a handgun for private use?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ALA yes
Generally, if you were never convicted of any felony or any crime of domestic violence or adjudicate to be mentally insane you would be qualified to purchase a firearm.

I suspect that you are looking at the wrong application. FFL is Federal Firearms License that is for gun dealers and private citizen who wishes to purchase a firearm would not be subject to it.

Also there is no "Federal" license to own or carry a firearm.

You would have to go to a local gun store or a gun show and you can complete an application there for a background check and once you are cleared you would have to wait 5 days and then you can come back and pick up your firearm.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

What state are you in?