Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

My girlfriend and I stole $2000 from my mom by doing online

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I stole $2000 from my mom by doing online transfers to prepaid cards. My charges were dropped and I'm working with a Probation Officer on restitution. She is on House Arrest and our son is born in August. Do i have the right to be there for it? Or do no contact orders include birth? Will the no contact order be dropped when she starts probation? Lastly, if the courts didn't give us any no contact orders in paper, does that mean it isn't there?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You would need to obtain an order from the court to be there for the birth and without one you cannot have contact with her for any reason. The no contact order is not likely to be dropped until probation has ended and even if the court did not give you papers, if they told you to have no contact, you can have no contact. Go to your attorney and have them go to court to get permission for you to be there for the birth.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”