How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexCrimLawyer, J.D. Your Own Question
TexCrimLawyer, J.D.
TexCrimLawyer, J.D., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4821
Experience:  Experienced in state and federal criminal litigation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
TexCrimLawyer, J.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my brother needs to get fordgery charge off of his record.

Customer Question

my brother needs to get fordgery charge off of his record. what should he do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 6 years ago.
What state was he convicted in?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.


Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 6 years ago.

Georgia is very restrictive regarding expungements (having arrests removed from one's record). In order to be eligible and assuming he was not a juvenile when convicted, a person must show that they were arrested, but never convicted. That is, the charges must have been dropped in order to be eligible.


If he was sentenced under the "First Offender Act," he doesn't need to do anything. If a person was sentenced under the First Offender Act, and successfully completes his probation, he is not considered to have a criminal conviction under Georgia law.


If you brother was convicted and not handled under the First Offender Act, his only option is to ask the governor for a pardon. You can find the application here:


If this answers your question, it is important that you click the "Accept" button so that I get credit for my answer.

Related Criminal Law Questions