Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

If they continue to go ahead with the charges what could happen

If they continue to go ahead with the charges what could happen and what could be done?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

If there are new charges to someone on probation, then not only can his probation be terminated with any suspended sentence imposed, but he also faces whatever penalty for a conviction of a new charge. If he is convicted of a new charge, and his probation is terminated the new sentence can be run concurrent with his suspended sentence. That means at the same time. That is the sole discretion of the court to run it concurrent and not consecutively.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck