CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

My son was taken to jail the other weekend (he is on probabtion)

My son was taken to jail the other weekend (he is on probabtion) but the charges were dismissed by the judge. Now his PO has sent out a warrant for his arrest (habeous corpous). What does he need to do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.
If there is an active warrant for his arrest, he would need to turn himself in. The warrant was likely issued as a result of him being arrested but he could still have to answer to the violation of probation. The fact that the charges were dismissed could be a strong basis for the warrant to be withdrawn, so this may be something which the probation officer should be aware of. Rehab is good if he has a drug problem but he also needs to resolve this issue with the warrant. The first step is turning himself in but there may or may not be a bond on the warrant, so that also needs to be inquired about from his PO
Any other questions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My ex is saying that he got a PI along with that which may have not been dropped.

If that is the case, it would likely be the basis for which the warrant was issued. As such, once he is served with the warrant, he would then have to appear in court and answer to the violation. Thank you and good luck. If you have not already, please click the accept button, so I can get credit for my answer. After accepting, you can still ask follow up questions.