lwpat
lwpat, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing criminal defense attorney
15417118

I recently did 3 purchases in a row at the same store different

I recently did 3 purchases in a row at the same store different depts and a few minutes later i realized i was using someone elses credit card. I immediately returned the items and repurchased with my own card. The store manager called the credit card company and they said transactions were cancelled and card was cancelled. Should i still be worried?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

I am not sure how you came to be in possession of the card, but as to the purchases you have nothing to worry about. The items were returned and you paid for them with your own card prior to leaving the store. You may have a problem because you actually had the card but not for theft of the items.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My 4 year old found it on the floor and she tought it was mommys and put it in my back pocket. Now since i had my card in my pocket i handed the wrong card to the cashier. The store manager said the cahrges were refunded on the credit card and the card was closed. ??
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Then you are fine. There should not be any problems since you have a legitimate explanation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One last thing should i call the credit card company and ask if they are doing an investigation. The store manager said card is closed everything is fine but i have a bad feeling. I never in my life did anything like this!!! Can the police just come home and get me?
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
I really don't see anything for you to be concerned about. They police have a lot more to do than something like this. You turned the card in and corrected the situation. Case closed.

An accept for my time is always appreciated.