CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

HELP have a durg charge

Customer Question

i got pulled over on march 30 2011 when i asked the cop what i did he said nothing. when he ran my passagers ID it came back that he had a warrent they scherched my car and found a old pipe with a little meth in it that i forgot about since i been away from that.  i went to jail when they hancoffed me they never read me me my rights and never got ANY PAPER WORK when let me go they wanted me to do some buys and give names i aggreed to just get out they said that this is not the only charge im looking at i asked what else and they said attempt to deliver i asked hows that they said well go in to that more later they let me out i then got a lawyer and then the scherrf said nothing about attempt to deliver but said that i sold to a undercover i asked for proof and the scherrf said all i can give is the time and date but i see no way that can be couse i never sold amy drugs know the FBI and the scherrf want to meet with me and my lawyer. my lawyer wants a 500.00 retainer fee which i cant afford do i really need a lawyer when i meet with the FBI and the scherrf or when we meet could i ask for a court appointed one. what if i dont aggree to give names or go and buy for them i really dont want to get back in the drug game. is a undercover a person who works and gets paid or is a some one whos been in trouble. also i have ADD and ADHD and have depression and a IQ of a 4th and a 3 rd grade and cant rember and get very nervice i asked if  my boyfriend could come in the meeting with me they said no one can is that right since im on ssi and could i get them for mental something couse since this took place ive have 3 attempt at sucide and im depression has gotten LOTS WORSE
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.
I certainty understand your situation. You are not required to bring an attorney if you decide to speak with the FBI and SHeriff. That is at your discretion but you need to realize that things you say might be used against you and if you work out a deal with them, to make sure you know exactly what you are getting in return, in writing. You do not have to speak with them nor have to perform any buys, if you do not want to. Let them charge you with what they feel they have and once charged, you could apply for the public defender, if you cant afford a private attorney.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will it make it worse if i waimt fpr them to charge me since the scherrf said that he will come to my door personally with a arrest warrent if i dont complay whit him and if i would have sold to a undercover agent. they would have arrested me right a way right are they just trying to scarre me. also is a undercover a person who works and gets paid or is a some one whos been in trouble adn trying to get less time by helping the cops out. ADD and ADHD and have depression and a IQ of a 4th and a 3 rd grade and cant rember and get very nervice i asked if my boyfriend could come in the meeting with me they said no one can is that right since im on ssi
It wont necessarily make it worse as they can only charge you with what they have the evidence to support. Based upon your situation, it is not likely you would get paid if you cooperate as an undercover. They would likely wait to file charges depending on how helpful you are in the situation and what you lead them to. As far as brining someone with you, they do not have to allow your boyfriend to sit in. Thank you and good luck. Please click the ACCEPT button, so I can get credit for my answer. After accepting, you can still ask follow up questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no im wondering if this girl know woud be concered a undercover she got in trouble for selling a olarge amount of meth when she got in trouble she asked me if i could find her any thing.
She may be working with the police and trying to use to you get to other sources.
Please see above