A friend was sentenced in 2003 for the following:
1. NewBritain, CT - Illegal Sexual Contact - Class C Felony - 10 Yrs
2. Manchester, CT - Illegal Sexual Contact - Class B Felony - 10 YrsSentence
Sentence ran concurrently and Suspended after 2 years served.
Remaining 8 was to be served on probation with the following conditions:
a. Register as a sex offender for 10 years (along with all the stipulations for a registered sex offender: report address, etc..)
b. Attend sex offender classes
Offender, was arrested April 2011 and facing a Failure to Register Charge.
Offender had not registered address for at least 5 or 6 years.
I am almost certain his probation will be revoked and will be required to serve jail time.
1. If he is required to serve the remaining 8 years in jail for this violation, will he have to serve 8 years starting with 2012 through 2019 for a total of 8?
2. Or being that he began serving time in 2003 and was released on probation in 2005. Will he just serve the remainder of time up to his original release date of 2013 which would be two years? (if he had of served the entire 8 years from sentence date of 2003 to 2013)
3. Being that he is guilty of the probation violation, what value would hiring a lawyer bring to assist with his sentencing?