Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

if a person was convicted for 245(a)(1) that produces great

if a person was convicted for 245(a)(1) that produces great bodily injury that was done while in a fight that happened in 1989 and was sent to prison and was released in 1992 and did 1 year and 10 months on parole can he own a firearm after 10 years? i have been off of parole for 19 years, thank you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

No. Federal law prohibits any felon from possession, purchase or ownership of a firearm. You would need to apply for and be granted a Governor's Pardon and then obtain a Certificate of Rehabilitation so that your records can be expunged and removed from the FBI database

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck