Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney
11182422

I RECEIVED A NOTICE TO APPEAR IN COURT WITH CODE&SECTION CVS11100-UNLICENSED

Customer Question

I RECEIVED A NOTICE TO APPEAR IN COURT WITH CODE&SECTION CVS11100-UNLICENSED DRIVING INSTRUCTOR-MISDEMEANOR. WHAT IS THE PENALTY?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

The maximum penalty for a violation of California Vehicle Code Section 11100 (CVS11100) is one year in jail and a fine of $1,000.

However, for a first time offense with no prior criminal record, the crime would typically result in a fine of approximately $390 plus court fees (for a total of approximately $1,000) and 1 year of unsupervised probation (you only have to report to a probation officer if you violate probation).

I hope that this helps you to understand the law in your situation. Let me know if I may be of further assistance. Thank you.