Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

my son was granted parole 3-31-11 pending an approved home,

my son was granted parole 3-31-11 pending an approved home, with guidelines of getting a job and reporting to parole officer once he is released to the approved home. He will be on house arrest til a job is found. They said he has no abuse issues so no treatment is demanded. I live on section 8 and can't let him live with me. The sober homes require that he have drug/alcohol issues or they won't accept him. None of the sober homes will allow him due to he not having abuse issues, they say he must have drug or alcohal issues to be live there. He can't find an approved home. Will he have to then stay in state prison to finish out his time? He was convicted of false imprisonment and sentenced to 3-5 yrs here in Nebraska, he had 8 months served in jail awaiting trial and sentencing before going to prison in May of 2010. If he has to remain in prison for not having an approved home, how much more of the 3-5 must he complete to be released without parole? Thank you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

If he has conditions of home monitoring, then he cannot be released to a homeless shelter. However, that condition may be amended since that appears to be his only option for release. So you can contact his case manager and they will discuss this with you. And the case manager can contact the Parole Board for the amendment to the conditions

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck