Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

unauthorized use of a vehicle....car purchase went bad. I bought

Customer Question

unauthorized use of a vehicle....car purchase went bad. I bought a car with a down payment and the owner agreesd to wait for the payment. I had the car for 2 months and came in with the down payment and the owner changed his mind with the agreement and wanted more money. well i told him to keep the car and I packed up mystuff out of the car and then realized I didnt have a ride so I told them to come pick it up the car at my house. Well they ame and picked up the car and had me arrested with unauthorized use of a vechicle. I have never been in jail, stayed in jail for two days missed work and I am a teaher and lost my job for no show of work and because of this....please tell me what I can do. I do want a felony on my record.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Did you sign any paperwork when you bought the car?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I did.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Does the paperwork have the amount you agreed to or did they change it and put a different amount?