Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

I did not know the officer talked to anyone else. So I hope

I did not know the officer talked to anyone else. So I hope his input will help cause it is 2 aganist 1. The officer is coming back Monday to get my sons statement.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 years ago.

Ok, then this is still in the investigation stage and they are just taking statements to determine if charges should even be filed at all. Since they are obviously in no big rush to charge him with something, he shouldn't be too worried about it right now.

.

Unless the DA decides that there was some type of intentional conduct on the part of son, then he wouldn't be able to prove assault as it requires an "intentional act". So if this was horseplay that got out of hand, then there was not the requisite intent necessary to commit a crime.

.

.

thanks

.

If I have answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional and greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I don't make the laws, I am just reporting/interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.

There may be a time lag between my replies as I am typically working with several customers at any given time, but rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.