How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am on probation for felony

Customer Question

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am on probation for felony dwi. I wish to move from MO to TN to be with my 13 year old son. Is there anything I can do with the court to make this happen or is it all upto the p and p board.I would also like to know the likelihood of being released fro probation early and what I can do to make that happen. I havent benn on probation for even a year yet. It was 5 year paper with 3 bachkup ses.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

It will be possible for you to move to a different state. What you have to do, in advance, is to have your court in MO transfer your probation to a court in TN.

JB Umphrey :

In other words, your probation will not end. Rather, your probation will follow you and simply be monitored by a nearby court.

JB Umphrey :

You can learn more about the Interstate Compact for Adult Supervision at:

JB Umphrey :

Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!

Related Criminal Law Questions