JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am on probation for felony

Customer Question

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am on probation for felony dwi. I wish to move from MO to TN to be with my 13 year old son. Is there anything I can do with the court to make this happen or is it all upto the p and p board.I would also like to know the likelihood of being released fro probation early and what I can do to make that happen. I havent benn on probation for even a year yet. It was 5 year paper with 3 bachkup ses.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

It will be possible for you to move to a different state. What you have to do, in advance, is to have your court in MO transfer your probation to a court in TN.

JB Umphrey :

In other words, your probation will not end. Rather, your probation will follow you and simply be monitored by a nearby court.

JB Umphrey :

You can learn more about the Interstate Compact for Adult Supervision at:

JB Umphrey :

Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!