Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Arkansas - Act 346 (First Time Offenders Act) back in November

Customer Question

Arkansas - Act 346 (First Time Offender's Act) back in November 1993 - under this act, plead guilty to discharge of a firearm from a moving vehichle...paid all restitution and jail/probation time. This has never been an issue until now.

I'm trying to get a concealed handhun permit, it was denied because of this one thing about 18 years ago. Now I do know it's expunged or sealed and they have access to it for purposes of this background check.

Do I have any possibility of getting this permit without a Governer's pardon? If not, how difficult and how much time does this take?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Arkansas is a "shall" issue state for CCW permits. However, there are disqualifiers and a crime such as discharge of a firearm would restricted the issuance of a permit.

The only way possible would be to apply for and get the Governor's Pardon. That process will take anywhere from 2 to 3 years depending on the back log of applications to be investigated

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck