Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
12176198

About 35 years ago I got pick up for shoplifting over a $2.00

About 35 years ago I got pick up for shoplifting over a $2.00 Dog chain that keep falling through my cart at the store, and I put it in my purse and forgot about it when I check out and the manager stoped me at the door and called the cops, he was young and wouldn't lisson to me at all, so I went to the police department and they fingerprinted me and let me call my husband, in the minetime our next door neighbor was the chief of Police and he called down to the police staton and the let me go, I didn't have to go to court he took care of it. But my big problem is that I didn't know about getting my record cleand up and according to the police department I had 5 years to do so, so now I have a record from my fingerprints and I don't know what to do. The job I have now is requiring me to get fingerprinted, and I'm afraid that I will loose this good job, I have never been in toruble since, only 1 speeding ticket and that is it, please advise. Thank you Shaon
Hello.

You can petition the Superior Court in your jurisdiction to seal the arrest.
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/04051.htm

If you contact the clerk's office in the Superior Court, they likely have a pre-printed application for expungement/record sealing so that you don't have to generate a new petition on your own.