Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

can i get a CO state id if i have a warrant in CO, and how can i find out if i have a warr

can i get a CO state id if i have a warrant in CO, and how can i find out if i have a warrant without drawing unnecessary attention to myself
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

Customer:

Yes, I am

Alex Esquire :

Is this a state or federal warrant that you are concerned about?

Customer:

i believe it's a bench warrant

Customer:

i just recently found out im pregnant, and i need to get a state id so i can apply for financial aid, but im worried that because of the warrant i may be arrested at the dmv

Alex Esquire :

What would the offense be?

Customer:

it was a violation of a protection order

Customer:

i didnt have contact with the person, but the residence i was at someone was arrested, and when my name was ran, it came up that i had a protection order, and because i had been drinking the police came back and arrested me

Alex Esquire :

Generally DMV does not conduct a warrant check, but their policies change quiet often, so there is no way to be assured of that.

Alex Esquire :

You can use numerous services that are listed on google to perform a warrant check on yourself.

Customer:

well ive looked at 3 or 4 different sites, one i even paid for, and nothing had come up, so thats why i wasnt sure if the warrant was still active, or not

Alex Esquire :

Well, the sites are not 100% proof, however the only other way is to contact the court or the police agency to check.

Customer:

if i did that, would the police start looking for me or anything? ive never had a warrant before so i dont know how things work

Alex Esquire :

Well, they might advice you to turn yourself in.

Customer:

okay, well thank you very much for your help!

Alex Esquire :

If there is an arrest warrant it is a good idea to resolve it, as you can be picked up at home or during a routing ID check, so I would not worry about alerting police or court, as the issue would have to be addressed anyways and the sooner you do it the better.

Alex Esquire :

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!