CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

How much is a trespassing fine And how can i be charged with

How much is a trespassing fine? And how can i be charged with criminal trespassing when I never got out my vehicle and just waited for a friend to come out of store so we could leave? Also how can I be charged with trespassing when there is no paperwork saying I cant be there. Only a verbal

When were you told to not return? Previously or told to leave that day/night?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Few years ago. All I did when I did go back a few months later was stay in my vehicle an wait for my friend to go into store get something an get back into my vehicle. I never got down, remained in my own vehicle.
The fine can range between $100-$500 if this was a first offense and would be at the discretion of the court. It is also punishable by 30 days in jail. Even though you did not enter the store, the parking lot is considered part of it and is private property, which is likely the reason.