Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Knowledgeable in the subject matter.
1723468

What are the possible punishments for possession of JWH-073

Customer Question

What are the possible punishments for possession of JWH-073 in Maryland for a first time offender?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 5 years ago.
This is a misdemeanor charge with the possibility of $500 to $2000 charge and/or possible jail time of 60 days to 1 year in jail. Typically first time offenders would be eligible for probation, community service and a fine before doing any jail time. Like all legal situations the defendant can negotiate with the prosecution for these options in order to avoid doing time.

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How soon would an arraignment occur?
That depends if the person is in jail, there is a 72 hour period before the arraignment. If the person is released or not incarcerated they should have been given an arraignment date in their paperwork.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If not given paperwork or been in touch for two weeks, what is the likelihood that charges will not be pressed? Thanks much for your continued help
Glad to be of help.

I cannot predict what the prosecution is willing to do, but I can say, that if you are not incarcerated it only means they are lagging. If they got the "evidence" in their possession, they can decide to go forward, it is just taking a slower time to process. If they don't have evidence, then changes are they will not press charges. Either way you will be notified (By a summons and complaint). When? I can't predict.