Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My son was cited for public urination 3/1/11. His court date

My son was cited for public urination 3/1/11. His court date is in April. He is to leave 3/18/11 to Thailand for two months on a mission trip with his church. He was not intoxicated. What can he do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

He can file a motion to continue the matter until he returns from his trip. Because this is a minor offense, and there is no bond or restriction on him, this should be no problem.

However, he needs to request the continuance as soon as possible by contacting the court clerk. They should have a form he can fill out to get this done.