Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

How do you find out if you have an arrest warrant

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

The only way other than knowing because someone who has seen it told you, would be to contact the law enforcement agency that you believe has had the warrant issued for your arrest or having a friend in law enforcement run a warrants check for you. Otherwise, most people don't know until they are actually arrested, which admittedly can be a shock.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My son is going through a very nasty divorce. His soon to be xwife keeps telling everyone in our family she is
Having him arrested for going back into the house which she wasn't living in. She said a judge will be signing the order today and then he will be arrested.
Hello again,

Without knowing all the particulars, there is no way I could guess if she is just talking or there is something to her claim. If your son violated a stay away order or some other order of the court, then he could conceivably be arrested for that. However, if there have been no orders and this is his home too, then he wouldn't have broken the law unless he took property that she can prove is hers. At this point, there really is no point in doing anything other then to wait to see what is happening. If he knows the court where this is alleged to be occurring, he could call the court clerk and find out. Otherwise, if he is arrested, he should not make any statements to law enforcement unless and until he has hired and talked to an attorney.