Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

on 01/21/2011 I got fired for theft from my employer taking

on 01/21/2011 I got fired for theft from my employer taking 9500 to pay my bookie. They let me go after questioning me, but now im starting to get all these letters form la ers to represent me on a pending felony case. Am i going to get arrested by the SA or have a supboena sent to me? i dont have a record and this ismy 1st run in with the law. what should i be expecting and also will i be sentenced? this was in illinois
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

It appears there may be an open arrest warrant for your arrest, if you are being contacted by lawyers to represent you

You can contact the local sheriff and see if there is an open warrant. Then consider if you want to surrender to it. You may then decide you want to consult with a local attorney to go with you

It may possible for you to be placed on probation with the money being paid to the employer

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
does this mean they can still come to my doorstep and get me even though im in a diffrent county? and how much is bond usually in this case?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

Hi

If you are in another county, they may come to your home or place of employment. Otherwise, it means if you are stopped for a traffic violation, they can arrest you at that time. It depends on how badly they want you. But yes, they may, can and will come to your home

The bond will depend. Since you have no other criminal history, it may be between $3000 and $5000. Or with an attorney present who will guarantee your appearance in court, you could be released on your own recognizance.