Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

if a person is charged with rape 2 rape 3 and ewof and the

Customer Question

if a person is charged with rape 2 rape 3 and ewof and the judge throws out the ewoc then during trial can the judge tell th e ada i could be happy with dropping the 2 rape and defendent pleading to ewoc
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, the judge can do this, even if the judge threw out the EWOC. If the judge is telling the prosecutor this, then the judge is suggesting that the prosecutor make a deal to prevent the case from going to trial. The endangering charge is much less severe than the rape, so the judge is trying to resolve the case without trial.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”