Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Crim Defense Atty
Experience:  CA Atty since 1976, primarily criminal law. 150+ jury trials.

Hi, i am going through a lot because i just lost $2,000 because

Hi, i am going through a lot because i just lost $2,000 because of scam could you help me figure out what to do.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry to say that about the only thing you can do at this point is to report the scam and your loss to law enforcement authorities. Here's a good place to review your options in that regard:

And here's the webpage for the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), where you can lodge a complaint:

Most of these scams are actually run by people in places other than Nigeria and they are very difficult to track down. And I'm sorry to say that it is very unlikely that you will ever get any of your money back.

I wish I could give you better news, but that's the reality of these scams. If you have any other questions, please let me know.