Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Crim Defense Atty
Experience:  CA Atty since 1976, primarily criminal law. 150+ jury trials.

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i recieve a email saying

Customer Question

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i recieve a email saying that,There was an issue involving $3.7MUSD for your compensation which was called to Our Bank(BANK OF AFRICA) from THE FEDRAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF BENIN REPUBLIC. is this a scam or what because i send money to africa using western union and it is a scam. is that why they are going t send me money
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 5 years ago.
Hello Colleen and welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Please be aware that answers on this site are to be used for general information purposes only, not as a substitute for in-person evaluation or specific legal advice. JA Legal Experts will provide only general information about the law, and will not apply their legal knowledge or skills to resolve or advise on the customer's specific factual circumstances described in the question, such as by proposing a specific course of action. By answering questions, experts do not form attorney-client relationships with users of the site. The laws, regulations, other governing authorities, standards, practices and procedures that apply to your particular question may differ depending on your location and information typically discovered through in-person evaluations or visits. No attorney-client relationships shall be formed on the site, experts are prohibited from having off-site contact with customers and experts may not represent customers in their cases. Communications on this site are not confidential and shall not be the subject of any associated privileges, so post with discretion. Communications on this site are limited, do not involve in-person evaluations or visits, and do not include safeguards and procedures typical of in-person evaluations and visits. For specific legal advice, consult with an attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction.

This is a scam. Do not send them any money. There are many of these kinds of scams taking place over the internet. Here's a website which describes these scams and how they work:

As I said, do not send them any money. If you do, you will never see it again. And you will never get anything from them.

Thanks for asking your question here on JustAnswer and I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know.