Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I want to transfer my probation from NY to Texas with a class

Customer Question

I want to transfer my probation from NY to Texas with a class III IID. It is a misdemeanor and my second one within 10 years, if that makes a difference. Does Dallas Texas have the same type of IID? If not what types do they have?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean by IID? That isn't a term we use in Texas.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you also find out if transfered do they accept all terms of probation from NY or does Texas make their own terms. As mine was a refusal to breathalyzer, 2nd offense within 10 years and thats all. NO open container, NO anything else, NO accident, NO other offenses committed.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
They will accept those terms but can also add new terms.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about my original question with the interlock?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
I don't see anything about an interlock. Is that what the IID is ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the ignition interlock device for dui/dwi. (driving while intoxicated). How many different classes or types are there in Dallas county? I have a specific type in my vehicle now. Once the transfer happens they will want one in my vehicle similar to the one I have.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry. I was misreading I thought IID was roman numeral 2 D.

I am not familiar with how many different types Dallas County is using right now. The last time I checked there was only one kind used in Texas. If that is still the same then they will just ask you to use whatever they are used to.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One more thing please, will they insist that I have one installed because Texas wouldn't always have one installed under of my circumstances?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Typically Texas will require one to be installed if the transferring state requires one.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much for your help.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Best wishes to you and welcome to Texas.