How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26708
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

girlfriend refuse to turn furniture and now she is planning

Customer Question

girlfriend refuse to turn furniture and now she is planning of putting a restraining order and possible acuse me of rape PLEASE HELP
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.

The issue with the furniture is civil. Whoever paid for the furniture would be entitled to keep it,unless it was a gift. If you both paid for it, you both you would have a 50% interest in it and something would need to be worked out if you are no longer together. As far as the retraining order and rape charge, those are very serious allegation and could result in a lengthy prison sentence if convicted. If you think she will file a rape charge against you, you should consult with an attorney asap. There needs to be some evidence to support her allegations but her testimony alone could be enough to support the charges if this went to trial.

Related Criminal Law Questions