Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My mother passed away last year on Feb 27th. My sister and

My mother passed away last year on Feb 27th. My sister and I went to make funeral arrangements on the morning of march first. The funeral home contacted the family attorney to make sure of payment to the family lawyer. That same afternoon a real estate agent was seen checking out the family home. (the agent happens to be friends with th efamily lawyer) The agents son has been buying properties in the same neighborhood. Buying them from grieving family members, doing cometic repairs and then flipping the house for a profit. I want to buy the house out of the estate but the family lawyer has put me off. He got an appraisal and told me the house was worth 102,000 and then said I would have to pay 2/3rds. second appraisal came in at 20,000. The third appraisal came in at 58,000. He then had his real estate agent (the one who went past the house two days after the death). She stated she could get 70,000. so now he tells me I have to pay 65,000. Stating that since she would not get her 5,000 commison on an open sale that is how he came up with the price. Is something odd going on here? The third appraisal was aggreed to by my lawyer and the family attorney . also the real estate agent and her son are under investigation by the real estate board. Also the family attorney managed to get my sister and I fighting  and not talking to each other till recently over the personel propery in the house. Oh I have lived in tis house all  my life.   addendum... In PA does a deed have to say it is "in trust of?" if a will states a trust has been set up?  At this time the deed on record is still in my parents names both deceased.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

If this attorney is working together with this real estate agent and also if he provides her with any type of confidential information he might be in violation of the Pennsylvania State Bar Rules and possibly committing violation of other laws.

An attorney can not be interested in an estate that he is handling. This would create conflict of interest and would subject this attorney to disciplinary action or other liability.

I would suggest that if you and your attorney think that this attorney is acting unethically or illegally you should file a formal complaint with Pennsylvania State Bar and have this attorney investigated for any wrong doings.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck

Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor