Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

My boyfriend just found out he has a warrant out for him for

Customer Question

My boyfriend just found out he has a warrant out for him for assault. He was jumped on by by his neighbors over 3 months ago andn just finding out about the charge.What is his best course of action?

Thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

If there is a warrant, he is going to get arrested at some point.

If he turns himself in, the odds are that his bail is going to be less. He can then fight the charges from the outside as opposed to being investigated. Though the charge may be unfair and trumped up by his neighbors, he is still going to have to fight the charge through the court system. That means making bail, then hiring a good defense attorney.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question.

Nathan Moore