Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

police report shows marihuana possess not more than 20 grams

Customer Question

police report shows: marihuana possess not more than 20 grams & I was booked with a felony: cannabis/possession/more than 20 grams -the only thing in my car that the police found was an empty bottle labeled "Lemon Skunk" and a marijuana cigarette butt under my seat. I had to pay a higher bail because of the felony charge. How can I get this corrected, should I wait until arraignment and tell the judge?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

You need to try to contact the District Attorney who will be prosecuting the matter and inform them of the discrepancy. You should write a letter and mail it certified with return receipt requested so that you can then show the court that you tried to inform the DA.

If the DA does not make the correction then you will need to inform the court at your arraignment.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck