Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience

I was pulled over for speeding over 1 mile outside Fort Lawn,SC

I was pulled over for speeding over 1 mile outside Fort Lawn,SC for speeding by the city police. I was approaching the city. Does he have this right? I explained I had a medical situation and had to get to a pharmacy to get meds to take care of it. I got a ticket for speeding. Is this right? How far is his jurisdiction outside the city?

Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem. I am not fully aware of what prior steps you have taken.

Where you physically inside the city at the time you were noted/clocked for speeding and just stopped outside the city?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was pulled over more than 1 mile OUTSIDE the city limits. I was approaching the city when I was pulled over for the offense.

I understand now, you were about to enter the city. There may be an inter-agency agreement allowing the stop. However, absent such an agreement the officer is outside his jurisdiction and the ticket can be challenged.