Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I have a company for investments... A man wrote a check for

I have a company for investments... A man wrote a check for $500,000 and canceled the check.... then wrote another one and canceled that check!! No investment was made!!

I have major bounced checks because of the fees the bank charged!!

How can I get my money back... and what is the law for purposely writing bad checks???
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Alex Esquire :

Are you online with me?

What was the reason that this check was written and given to you twice and subsequently canceled twice?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

He was going to make an investment into Foreign Currencies!!

The first check bounced because he called and stopped payment after the check was deposited! Then he said he felt more comfortable... and wrote another check....that was also deposited and then he called the bank and canceled again!!

You might be able to pursue this person criminally if this person has gained any benefit in exchange for writing and giving this check to you.

Also you might have civil recourse available to you such as refund of any overdraft fees and penalties and also possible claim for any actual damages that have resulted from you relying on the funds that were given to you in the form of this check.

I would strongly suggest that you consult your local licensed attorney who can evaluate all the facts and documents surrounding this situation and provide you with all possible legal options that you might have.

You can find a qualified business attorney in your area by contacting Michigan State Bar at www.michbar.org

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you give me a place to look for the law pertaining to writing bad checks??
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.
Here is the link to the Michigan statutes dealing with bad checks:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28o0rvsyixp1lfhpapwl0xr055%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-328-1931-XIX

Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck