JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

I am on EM monitoring for 2 years for making a mistake on unemployment.

I am on EM monitoring for 2 years for making a mistake on unemployment. Can I request parole after I have served half of my sentence and who would I ask? What paperwork would I flie for this request? Who would I submit it to. Please give me as much information as you can...Thank You...I just submitted authorization paperwork to drive. Never had any charges for driving offenses.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Can you please clarify if you report to a probation officer?

I will be happy to attempt to assist you when you're able to reply to the follow-up questions. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I go to the PO office every week and pay $108.00 per week for the EM monitor
At any time, you can ask your PO to schedule a probation sentence review with the judge. When you have complied with the terms of probation and have shown great progress, then you can ask the judge to modify some of the terms of your probation.

So, keep working with your probation officer. Keep making progress. And, then, when things are looking good, ask your PO to schedule a probation sentence review with the judge and then make your pitch to the judge.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did not receive probation only 2 years in jail or on EM monitor. I check in with the probation office because I am on ankle monitor. The only other thing I received was make restitution. EM apparently has their own set of rules such as community service, not allowed to drive, etc.. Would I still ask my PO to schedule a hearing? Is this something I can do myself or would I need to go through my PO? I have been on ankle monitor since May 10, 2010. I found the authorization to drive online and submitted this to my PO last Monday awaiting to hear.
Yes, work with the probation officer.