Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

My boyfriend was arrested early monday morning for domestic

Customer Question

My boyfriend was arrested early monday morning for domestic battery. I did not call the police or want him arrested. He didn't hit or touch me I tried to stop the arrest but they took him anyways. He now has a no contact order till his court date on Feb 22nd. We live together and neither of us want this to continue. How do I get the order lifted as soon as possible? I live in Kane county Illinois.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Well, you will need to contact the District Attorney and tell them there was no injury and that you do not want to prosecute this matter. You can contact someone in the Victim/Witness Unit and they will assist you.

Now, bear in mind, that the DA has full discretion to prosecute or not. But if they don't have you as a witness and there was no injury, then it is possible to have it removed and charges dismissed

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck