Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

what is the average sentence in oklahoma for 2nd degree burglary

Customer Question

what is the average sentence in oklahoma for 2nd degree burglary afcf? my boyfriend is looking at 4 yrs to life & im wondering how long i should expect him to be gone.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Hi

The minimum is 4 years and the max is 24 before he would be parole eligible.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that really doesnt help me much.. what is the average amount of time he will have to serve? what do most people serve for this conviction? i know they dont all very that much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
i know what the sentence calls for but i want to know on average how long a person spends in prison for that crime
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Hi

That is what I provided. I apologize for not being more clear. He will not be eligible for parole until 85% of the sentence has been served. Based on life expectancy, that would be 24 years.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
the answers seem to be inaccurate to my questions
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Please tell me how I am inaccurate. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question.

Here is the information directly from the Parole Board's website So as I originally stated at 1/3 of his sentence, the minimum amount of time is 4 years. At 85% it is 24 years.

When is an offender eligible for parole consideration?

Although there is no formal application that must be completed for parole consideration, the Parole Board has the authority to consider offenders outside of the regular docketing process; however, this is rare.

Under current law an offender is eligible for parole after one-third of sentence has been served if the offense was for a non-violent crime. Offenders convicted of certain violent offenses, which occurred after March 2000 or later must serve 85% of their sentence prior to becoming eligible for parole consideration. Those offenses are such things as Murder I, Robbery I, Rape I, Burglary I, Arson I, Child Abuse, Child Beating and Child Pornography. See Title 21 O. S. §13.1

All other violent offenses are eligible for parole consideration at one-third of the sentence. The procedures of the Parole Board docket offenders for their initial parole consideration two months before their actual eligibility date to allow for processing to the Governor's Office.