Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

little over a month ago the cambell county sheriffs office

little over a month ago the cambell county sheriffs office called and said my car was involved in a felony evading. I denied driving, no charges have ever been brought but I would like to know how i can find out if a warrant has been issued on my plates or for myself.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

Assuming that you are in the same State as the alleged illegal act occurred, you would definitely know if a warrant had been issued because you would have been arrested by now. If you are from a different State or have been hiding some where, the only way you can find out if you have a warrant out for you is to call the sheriff's office, or court clerk, and ask. If you do not want to do so, you can consult with a local criminal defense attorney who can call and find out.