How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16558
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was convicted of a 10851 and will possibly be reduced to

This answer was rated:

i was convicted of a 10851 and will possibly be reduced to a midemeanor my attorney says i will be able to own a gun again is this true
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

When were you convicted?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it can be possibly reduced to misdemeanor and later discharged in California if this is your first offense.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i know it can be reduced i needed to know if my attorney was correct in saying i would be able to own a gun again after the charge was reduced and my probation was over
Yes. Because you would not have felony conviction on your record.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

in the Penal code section 1203.4 for expungement it states, and i qoute,

"Dismissal of an accusation or information pursuant to this section does not permit a person to own, possess, or have in his or her custody or control any firearm or to prevent his or her conviction under Section 12021." does this not apply to me due to the fact that it will be reduced to a misdemeanor without expungement or am i just confusing myself

You are not getting an expungement, you are getting a charge reduced to a misdemeanor.



If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!




Alex J. Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you