Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

a guy was arrested in Muscat Oman for using stolen creditcards

Customer Question

a guy was arrested in Muscat Oman for using stolen creditcards in shopping mall , what is the regular procedure for this conviction ? and how long he will be arrested for ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

What state are you in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello , iam in newyork state , a friend of mine has been arrested in muscat oman holding approx 25 forged creditcards with him after he already made purchases for almost 12000$ , thats the case for now ,i want to know how long he will be in prison for such an ACT , and is it possible to ask the gov to release him after holding his passport and while waiting for the trial ? or is it possible to make a compromise deal with the visa company there and pay a fine and get out of jail ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
any suggestion or ideas will be highly appreciated for this case , also a recommended lawyer in muscat oman who is well familiar with such cases will be also appreciated sir .

What citizenship does this person have?