Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

My son passed a $20 counterfeit bill to a cashier handed to

My son passed a $20 counterfeit bill to a cashier handed to him from the purse of his vehicle passenger. He handed the bill directly & touched it for mere seconds as was verified by his passenger & the cashier. They have charged him with FORGERY - 2ND DEGREE -NOTES/CHECKS/BILLS/DRAFTS although no money was found on him or in his vehicle & he told them he was unaware it was counterfeit. What is the likelihood the charges can be dropped for lack of evidence at the arraignment? They do not have any evidence to support this charge.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

How old is your son?

Does he have any prior criminal record?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He is 19 & was recently arrested for failure to appear on minor traffic violations. He served 2 weeks & was released on a payment plan
Because your son was caught with counterfeit money that had his prints on it, as well as, gave potentially incriminating statements to the police, you need to consult with an experienced criminal attorney as soon as possible who can represent your son and help protect his rights.

This is a very serious charge and as investigation unfolds, he might be charged with a federal crime and more charges can be brought up against him in the federal court.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Bonus and Positive Feedback are always appreciated. Thank you and good luck!