xavierjd
xavierjd, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work
14261217

What is the maximum sentance that can be given for a repeat

What is the maximum sentance that can be given for a repeat offender for an unclassified misdemeanor, possession of thc?

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

What were the previous convictions for, and when?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are two possession of thc, I think one was 2003 and the other in 2007

Possession of marijuana is punishable by six months in jail and/or a fine of $1,000 for the first offense, and for second or subsequent offenses (includes ANY prior controlled substance conviction), a maximum of 3.5 years in jail and a fine of $10,000.

I hope you find this information useful and that you PRESS THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get credit for answering the question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

As far as I have read the information you gave if for a Felony conviction, what would be the maximum sentance allowed if it is reduced to a misdemeanor by a plea bargain?

Even if the charge was reduced by a plea bargain, the information I provided is correct. A first offense misdemeanor is punishable by 6 mos in jail. A second or subsequent offense (includes ANY prior controlled substance conviction) is punishable by up to 3.5 years in prison and a $10,000.00 fine.