Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience

I recently have been pulled over. The offficer smelled marijuana

Customer Question

I recently have been pulled over. The offficer smelled marijuana and asked me about it. I told him there was less than 1/8 gram and a small pipe in the car. I wasnt using it in the car but had before i left my house 45 minutes prior. I was given a ticket for use of marijuana and released to my sister to drive me back home and left my car there. What advice do you have for me, with my court date being on wednesday and what should I expect as far as penaties? Also i have no prior legal trouble.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with this problem. I am not fully aware of what prior steps you have taken.

Assuming this is your first time you would qualify for a first time offender status under(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhere the judge will give you probation and the matter will be resolved without giving you a criminal record. Just go to court and you should receive the offer, but if for some reason you are not offered what is referred to as the 7411 or First Time Offender Plea then you should have an attorney represent you.