Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

how long does a admin. judge have to make their decision on

how long does a admin. judge have to make their decision on a revokion
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 years ago.

.

What type of revocation?

.

Driver's license?

.

Medical, nursing, dental?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

sex offender

i don't have his drivers license number right now

Expert:  Barrister replied 6 years ago.

Ok, I thought this might be for a driver's license revocation or some other type of license.

.

Has the person been committed for treatment, been released and then done something to violate the terms of the supervised release?

.

.

thanks

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
he violated his terms of probation he has been out for 12 years and has no other violations or new charges
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 years ago.

Ok, the violating agency has to file a petition for revocation. Then the judge has 30 days to hear the petition and must issue a final ruling within 90 days of when they filed the petition.

.

980.08(7)(d)

(d) The court shall hear the petition within 30 days, unless the hearing or time deadline is waived by the detained person. A final decision on the petition to revoke the order for supervised release shall be made within 90 days of the filing. Pending the revocation hearing, the department may detain the person in the county jail or return him or her to institutional care.

.

.

thanks

.