Thoreau (T-USA)
Thoreau (T-USA), Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

i have been accused of masterbating and showing porn in front

i have been accused of masterbating and showing porn in front of her. not true. there is no proof of this happining. yet my lawyer said to take plea of one yr. in jail. if i go to trial my lawyer said i will lose cause everyone believes the girl and i would get 5 years. is that true someone can make accusations about you with no proof and u lose in court? this happined in florida.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Thoreau (T-USA) replied 3 years ago.

Even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription

I only get paid if you click Accept.

Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately, witness or victim testimony can be sufficient to obtain a conviction. If your attorney thinks that the testimony is going to result in a conviction, your best bet is to discuss with him the reason he believes that the testimony is sufficient for a conviction. However, the truth is that people are convicted based on witness or victim testimony alone. While it's certainly unfair and unfortunate, it is the truth.

It's also worth pointing out that an individual who is falsely accused of wrongful activity may have a basis to sue his/her accuser (for defamation and/or malicious prosecution) if he/she suffers damages as a result of the accusations.

Please do not shoot the messenger.
If you need clarification, please feel free to ask using the
Reply feature.

I only get paid if you click Accept, even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription. Bonuses are greatly appreciated, though accepts and bonuses are entirely at your discretion.

Sincerely,

T-USA

_____________________________________

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. Information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney using
Lawyers.com, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).

Thoreau (T-USA), Lawyer
Experience: Attorney